The start of the 2012 Formula 1 season is almost upon us. I’d be interested to know where you all are on the excitement scale of: indifferent to peeing your pants with excitement?
So without further ado, here’s where you can catch the coverage of the Australian Grand Prix from Practice through to the Race.
Please let me know if I’ve missed anything out and all times are GMT.
Practice 1: Friday 16th March
- Sky Sports F1: 1:00AM
- BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra: 1:25AM
- Sky Sports F1: 10:30AM, 4:00PM & 9:30PM. Also repeated at 8:00PM on Saturday 16th March.
Practice 2: Friday 16th March
- Sky Sports F1: 5:15AM
- BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra: 5:20AM
- Sky Sports F1: 7:25AM, 12:50PM, 6:25PM & 11:50PM. Also reshown at 10:20PM on Saturday 16th March.
Practice 3: Saturday 16th March
- Sky Sports F1: 2:45AM
- BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra: 2:55AM
- Sky Sports F1: Sunday 18th March 12:25AM (They obviously don’t care too much for P3)
Qualifying: Saturday 17th March
- Sky Sports F1: 6:00AM
- BBC Radio 5 Live: 5:55AM
- Sky Sports F1: 8:30AM, 12:30PM, 3:45PM. Also repeated at 1:45AM on Sunday 18th March.
- BBC 2 & BBC HD: 1:00PM – These are highlights though.
The Race: Sunday 18th March
- Sky Sports F1: 4:30AM (Build up), 6:00AM (Actual race coverage).
- BBC Radio 5 Live: 5:30AM
- Sky Sports F1: 9:30AM, 2:30PM. Highlights at: 7:30PM, 9:30PM & 11:30PM.
- BBC 1 (BBC2 If you live in Scotland): 2PM – Highlights
- BBC 2 (Except Scotland) & BBCHD: 11:00PM
- BBC 2 (For Scotland only): 11:45PM
Seems like Sky are doing overkill really. If people aren’t going to be up to watch it, they’ll record it. Quality not quantity guys.